C++ is a middle-level language developed at the Bell Labs in 1979 by the computer scientist Bjarne Stroustrup. C++ became a widely used language and rapidly adopted by computer scientists and engineers. It added powerful features to the C programming language. It gained its ground in computer programming since it’s an object-oriented programming language, unlike C, a procedural programming language.
In this tutorial, you will learn the basics of the C++ computer programming language and some advanced topics at the end of the tutorials.
Why Learn and Use C++
- C++ is one of the world’s most popular and loved by millions of software engineers and developers for decades.
- C++ is an object-oriented programming language that gives the software developers the power of designing a well-structured, reusable, and scalable code.
- C++ is a portable programming language that can run on multiple platforms, such as Windows OS, Linux, and IOS.
- C++ jobs are one of the most paying jobs in the programming industry.
- C++ has better memory management than C as it allocated memory dynamically during the runtime of an application.
- C++ is fun to learn, a simple yet powerful language that opens the world of programming once you know how to use it properly.
- C++ is widely used in game programming, Graphical User Interface based applications, Operation systems, Database Engines, Cloud/Distributed System, and many more.
- C++ is used to develop one of the most famous applications and systems globally, such as Adobe Photoshop, MySQL, Apple OS, Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and YouTube core functions, and Amazon request processors, and much more!
Audience and Prerequisites
This tutorial is mainly for beginners who want to learn the C++ language from scratch. However, it will cover some advanced topics at the end of it.
C++ learners assume that they should know C before learning C++. Knowing C or any other language will help to understand C++. However, it’s not a requirement to be knowledgeable in any programming language before starting this tutorial.
Below are the lessons included in this tutorial, grouped into modules. For the best result, please go through the lesson in the order in which they are placed. Should you have questions, please leave it in the comment section, which is monitored by the mods and instructors. Happy learning!